It looks like Blizzard is nearing the release of 4.0.1(already on the public test realms), one of the last patches before the expansion ships. With it comes a massive amount of changes, ranging from new 31 point talent trees to completely overhauled guild and spellbook interfaces. These changes will bring new class mechanics, and will require new strategies. With larger overall health pools for every class and spec, and high spell cost coupled with weakened mana regeneration, many classes will have to spend some time adjusting their play style.
I'll list some of the major changes here:
- Armor Penetration, MP5, Block and Defense Rating are going away.
- Spirit will be the mana regen stat for all classes.
- New Glyphs, and a new glyph rank: Prime.
- New Talent Trees for every spec
- New stat - Mastery - grants a unique ability depending on spec
- No more Badges - all badges will be converted to Justice Points - any gear previously available for badges you can buy with these points, and as far as we know, these points will carry over to the expansion.
- Flexible Raid Lockouts - raids can be changed between 25 and 10 man, and will give players the opportunity to kill each boss in a raid once a week, regardless of the difficulty level.
Patch 4.0.1 is a comprehensive change to most of the WoW's gameplay, and will give the players a chance to get comfortable with all the change before the expansion ships.
However, the real world-changer will be patch 4.0.3. Want a hint? They call 4.0.3 "The Shattering." To read up on the 4.0.1 patch notes, check this link.
Posted by SLG_J